Complete this course and you will feel more confident including people with a visual impairment in your sports and activity sessions.
Packed full of helpful tips, practical solutions and vibrant videos*, the 6 modules will increase your knowledge, assurance and skills to be able to coach people with a visual impairment.
Developed by UK Coaching in partnership with British Blind Sport you will:
- Gain a greater understanding of sight loss and eye conditions
Explore practical solutions to barriers to participation and help meet individual needs
- Understand how to communicate effectively and guide individuals
- Learn how to make adaptations to specific elements of session planning and delivery using the STEP model
- Explore some of the safety considerations to ensure a fully accessible and inclusive environment for people with a visual impairment.
Plus, you will be able to print out the UK Coaching and British Blind Sport certificate confirming you have completed the course.
Please note: Members of British Blind Sport can enjoy a 33% discount on this course. To get your discount code, contact British Blind Sport on 01926 424 247 or email email@example.com
* All videos come with downloadable manuscripts to illustrate the video in further detail along with audio descriptions where possible.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to support visually impaired people to take part in sport and physical activity.
How long does it take?
This course is self-paced and lasts approximately 2 hours. You will be able to access it whenever you want, at a time that fits in with your lifestyle.
When do I need to complete the course?
You have access to the course for 12 months from the point of enrolment.
What should I use to complete the course on?
This course works on desktop, tablets and mobile phones.
For the best experience, we recommend you complete it on a desktop using Google Chrome.
Where do I get help?
Our experienced advisors are on hand should you need any help with navigating through the course.
While this course is compatible with most devices, including tablets and smartphones, we advise screen reader users to use use a laptop or desk top computer, for full screen reader functions.
If you have a visual impairment, we have designed the course to work with screen readers using:
- HTML5: JAWS 16 or later with Internet Explorer 10 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Flash: JAWS 16 or later with Internet Explorer 11
Before accessing the course please make sure you have turned on your screen reader software or the relevant browser settings that can assist users with visual impairments.
The course also has both mouse, keyboard and TAB function. For keyboard functions:
- Select TAB to progress through the content
- Select Shift and TAB to review a section
- Select Enter to select.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate UK Coaching and British Blind Sport certificate of completion
Intellectual Property and Copyright Information
Copyright © The National Coaching Foundation, 2014
UK Coaching (formerly sports coach UK) is the brand name of The National Coaching Foundation and has been such since April 2001.
All Rights Reserved
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of The National Coaching Foundation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE AUTHOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY SUFFERED AS A CONSEQUENCE, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, THE IMPROPER USE OF THIS SOFTWARE. DO NOT USE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS AND ACCEPT THE RISKS OF SUCH USE, OF WHICH YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR PRIOR TO ENTERING INTO ANY SPORTS OR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
Your cart is empty