A fun, self-paced course that will open your eyes to the world of coaching.
Being able to connect with people is the most important skill for a coach - an increasing challenge in today’s digital world. That's why this course will enhance not only your coaching knowledge but also your people skills.
By completing this course, you’ll nurture qualities that will serve you well. Skills that will stand you in good stead to bring out the best in people – in both your personal and professional life.
As coaches, we believe we learn most when we push ourselves outside of our comfort zone. So if you are willing to embrace the optional course challenges, you too will push yourself to develop.
Whether you are aspiring to become a coach or simply want to gain a greater insight into the fascinating role of coaching, join in for an entertaining exploration of coaching today.
- Discover what different people want from their physical activity experience. It’s not always what you think.
- Have a go at coaching in our online decision-making games. First, you’ll coach at an after-school club and then, a hockey match.
- Observe coaches in action.
- Answer a questionnaire to explore what coaching journey might best suit you - your beliefs, your motivations and your lifestyle. Then be inspired to go and get that first role.
- Hear about the shortcomings real-life coaches encountered when they started out and discover how to avoid them in a decision-making game.
- Connect with like-minded individuals and engage with a deeper learning experience by completing the course challenges.
Who is it for?
This is an introductory course. Anyone – parents, players and aspiring coaches - can enjoy it without any prior expertise or knowledge of either coaching or online learning.
That said, if you have already started on your coaching journey there is plenty in here to enjoy and learn.
How long does it take?
The course can take as long as you want it to - anything from 2- 7 hours.
The more you immerse yourself in the learning experience, the more you will benefit. But it’s entirely up to you. No-one will be watching over your shoulder so you are free to go backwards and forward as many times as you want.
When do I need to complete the course?
You have access to the course for 12-months after enrollment.
Where do I get help?
Our experienced advisors are on hand should you need any help with navigating through the course.
What should I use to complete the course on?
This course is designed to work on desktop, tablets and mobile phones. However, for the best experience, we recommend you complete it on a desktop.
If you have a visual impairment, we have design the course to work with screen readers.
There are some videos in the course that feature audio. We haven't yet put in transcripts for audio content to aid people with hearing impairments. We are working on that.
Who wrote the course?
The team at UK Coaching combined their expertise on coaching, digital and learning design to create this entertaining course.
Melanie Mallinson, Paul Randle, Dave Turner
On this course, you'll find out:
- what best-practice (and bad-practice) coaching looks like today
- which words and feedback work best
- what different people want from a sport or activity session
- how parents can support their children
- the essentials of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults
- about the range of coaching opportunities available today
- what coaching role might suit you
- how to avoid the common pitfalls that many new coaches make.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate UK coaching elearning certificate of completion
End User License Agreement (EULA)
learninghub.ukcoaching.org is a collection of online resources (the Content) provided as part of the UK Coaching e-Learning offer for your personal use and viewing. Use of this resource is dependent on acceptance of this EULA.
We licence use of the Content to you on the basis of this Licence. We do not sell the Content to you. We remain the owners of the Content at all times.
Access to and use of any sites under the control of UK Coaching (this Site(s)) is provided on the following terms:
- As a registered learninghub.ukcoaching.org account holder (“End User”) rather than as a Coachwise learner or customer.
- By using this Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this Site. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not complete your registration.
- You must be over the age of 16 to use this Site.
- UK Coaching may change these terms and conditions from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this Site as an End User will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
- If you breach the terms of this agreement UK Coaching may bring any rights granted to you to an end at any time without necessarily providing any notice to you.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Grant and Scope of Licence
You may view a copy of the Content on-screen on your device to view, use and display the Content for your personal purposes (if you are a consumer) or your internal purposes (if you are an organisation) only.
Except as expressly set out in this Licence or as permitted by any local law, you undertake:
- not to submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on this Site;
- not to copy the Content except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the Content;
- not to use the Content for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes
- not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Content;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Content, nor permit the Content or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other content or programs without our prior written permission;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the software or applications which enable us to host and provide the Content to you nor attempt to do any such thing.
- to supervise and control use of the Content and ensure that the Content is used by your employees and representatives in accordance with the terms of this Licence;
- to include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies you make of the Content on any medium; and
- not to provide or otherwise make available the Content in whole or in part, in any form to any unauthorised person.
Links contained in learninghub.ukcoaching.org will lead to other web sites which are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site. We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site; learninghub.ukcoaching.org pages must load into the user’s entire window.
UK Coaching reserves the right to move or change its web site URLs at any time in order to meet changing business needs and to continually improve its online service. External web sites link to learninghub.ukcoaching.org at their own risk. We do not encourage deep linking but recommend linking to section homepages, which are less likely to move or change.
Warranty and Disclaimer
We warrant we are authorised to licence the Content to you in accordance with this Licence.
If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to the Content. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Information contained in or accessible via this Site changes on a regular basis. We may make improvements or alterations to this Site at any time and without notice.
We do not guarantee that:
- use of this Site will be compatible with all hardware and software,
- use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error or virus free,
- use of this Site will deliver any specific outcome for its users, or
- defects will be corrected
We make no statement about the suitability of the content, information and services contained on, or accessed via, this Site. All warranties, terms and conditions in this regard, including all warranties, terms and conditions implied by statute or otherwise, of satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose are excluded to the fullest permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt this includes materials accessed via links to websites (including home pages, web pages or documents they contain) operated by third parties.
We further exclude to the fullest extent permissible by law all liability for damages and direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, business interruption, depletion of goodwill and like loss) or otherwise incurred by you or any third party and arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site or its content, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chat, postings, transmissions, message boards and other communications media on learninghub.ukcoaching.org, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on learninghub.ukcoaching.org.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this web site.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We may terminate this Licence immediately by written notice to you if you commit a material or persistent breach of this Licence which you fail to remedy (if remediable) within 14 days after the service of written notice requiring you to do so.
Upon termination for any reason:
- all rights granted to you under this Licence shall cease; and
- you must immediately cease all activities authorised by this Licence; and
- you must immediately delete or remove the Content from all computer equipment in your possession, and immediately destroy or return to us (at our option) all copies of the Content then in your possession, custody or control and, in the case of destruction, certify to us that you have done so.
If you have any queries about any aspect of these terms and conditions, please contact us.
Intellectual Property and Copyright Information
Copyright © The National Coaching Foundation, 2014
UK Coaching (formerly sports coach UK) is the brand name of The National Coaching Foundation and has been such since April 2001.
All Rights Reserved
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Content anywhere in the world belong to UK Coaching or are proprietary to third parties who have permitted us to sub-licence the Content, that rights in the Content are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Content other than the right to use it in accordance with the terms of this Licence.
Materials, which include but are not limited to our logos and trading names, certain photographic and video images, sounding recordings and the design, layout and appearance of and graphics contained within this Site are identified as “Proprietary”. These proprietary materials are protected by intellectual property rights. Unauthorised use of these materials may constitute intellectual property infringement.
You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the Content in source code form or in unlocked coding or with comments.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of The National Coaching Foundation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE AUTHOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY SUFFERED AS A CONSEQUENCE, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, THE IMPROPER USE OF THIS SOFTWARE. DO NOT USE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS AND ACCEPT THE RISKS OF SUCH USE, OF WHICH YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR PRIOR TO ENTERING INTO ANY SPORTS OR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
Your cart is empty